[Artemisia] a challenge for Uprising

Jeff Webster red_belt at msn.com
Thu Apr 22 16:14:46 CDT 2004

Gentle Friends of Artemisia,

I firstly, must seek your forgiveness in the taking of this most
inappropriate of advancements of your precious time and gracious honor. I
have, however found myself in an unfortunate situation as I have missed the
publication deadline to our great Kingdom newsletter. I therefore, seek your
indulgence in this most humble of announcements.....a challenge.

Good Gentles of Artemisia, a challenge from Ulric de Dalyhel, a most humble
and unworthy squire of Artemisia. Say I now to all good gentles of honorable
stature, gentle blood and coat armor, Squire Ulric sends his greetings to
you this day. My Lovely Lady Padraigin and I invite you to seek me out at my
encampment at the joyous celebration of the Uprising. At that time I will
seek to entertain in Arms any good and gentle Lady, Lord, Man-at-Arms,
Squire, or in my fondest dreams Knight, Baron, Viscount, Earl, or Duke, who
may in some small way condescend to do some small deed of arms upon me, or
on that day may assist me in delivering from them any vow that they may have
taken up and wish to devoid on the field of honor.
This favor I ask out of no great esteem for myself, but solely that I may
witness the noble bearing of those honorable gentles and to admire their
skill in the handling of arms for the honor of chivalrous engagement and the
mutual advancement of our respective Ladies.
As I am sure all good gentles of our fair Kingdom will carry themselves in a
manner befitting the most honorable and pure of blood and intent, I will at
the request of my Lovely Lady, be prepared to offer up as suitable
compensation for your valuable time, multiple copies of those most wonderful
books chronicling the time that our Society so diligently attempts to
re-create, Sir Nigel and The White Company both by the esteemed author Sir
Arthur Conan Doyle.
I will also, for that gentle soul who carries themselves above any and all
expectations of My Lady or the Ladies in attendance, offer up my personal
sword and scabbard in appreciation of the deed of Arms and Honor bestowed on
one so humble as myself.
So I ask your help in the delivery of this vow set before me. I will, at
your gentle leisure be available for comment or to schedule such honorable
encounters at : red_belt at msn.com
Please respond privately in this matter as I have already taken up much
precious time and bandwidth.

Thank you,   Ulric

THL Ulric de Dalyhel
proud squire to Sir Decker Hawkeswood