[Artemisia] Off-topic --- STAT2070 results

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 30 10:07:05 CDT 2004

Thanks to all who submitted responses to the question regarding whether or
not being female makes one more likely to enjoy "Chick" (or "Chic" ) flicks.

There were several requests to post the results. Here they are.

I had to normalize the responses for males since I did not get 50 male

Two questions were posed relating to the data.

1)  that people were as likely to enjoy "Chick" ("Chic") flicks as not

accept H0 ...  people are as likely to enjoy "Chick" ("Chic") flicks as not

2)  that women are as likely to enjoy "Chick" ("Chic") flicks as men

accept H0 ... women  enjoy "Chick" ("Chic") flicks about as much as men ...
again, responses were right at 50%.

About half of the women who responded and about half the men who responded
said that they did indeed enjoy "Chick" ("Chic") flicks.

Gentle monk Roger ... Please forward this to the lists you forwarded the
initial question to ... and thanks again for helping with this.

"It is a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word" ...
Thomas Jefferson

Jo (Georgia L.) Foster
jo_foster81 at hotmail.com