[Artemisia] Where we went

tangl tangl at myway.com
Thu Aug 5 11:48:15 CDT 2004

 Hello all! Sorry Terence and I seem to have fallen off the face of the Earth, but we were buying our house. We signed the papers on Tuesday and, sometime around 2:30 today, the funding is due to happen. Keep your fingers crossed, we're not out of the woods yet! While we were running for Baron and Baroness, which our excellent friends Tor and Rachel won the polling, we kinda put off some things, thinking we would have all of July to deal with the purchase. We just needed to close by the end of the month and our broker said he would try to close for us by the 21st. Well, that didn't happen. Between a delay with a deposit that caused us to become $400 overdrawn during a time when our credit report was being pulled on a weekly basis, and having our insurance pulled the first day we were to go in to sign the papers, it has been a constant, high-stress nightmare. I can only thank God we didn't actually win the polling for the B&B! We would have ended up letting folks down for sure. Every day, our broker was calling with yet another thing the underwriters needed to prove we were going to pay our bills, which we have done consistantly for the past two years. I had to search for stuff, we had to have stuff printed off at the employer level when our own records weren't good enough, and every day for the last month has been a lesson is frustration. It's a good thing the SCA has taught me how to do email attachments and use a scanner. So, we are finally at the point where we will find out today if we actually own this house! I'm still not convinced because of all the problems before this, but wish us luck! We'll be at Collegium this weekend and this begins a huge string of events we'll be hitting so look for us there! Tanglbaby