[Artemisia] Kingdom Collegium

Jessi Boyer jaboyer at cableone.net
Mon Aug 9 14:12:29 CDT 2004

Just a note from an attendee at Collegium as to what an awesome event
Twae Linnes has put on. (home shire pride is allowed, right?)

What a great Arts and Sciences event!! There were more *unmissable*
classes than you could imagine, vivat and thanks to those who taught,
the autocrat Lady Petronilla, and the Kingdom Minister of Arts and
Sciences, Baroness Juliana. Illumination, courtly graces, looking good
on the field, running a kitchen, period uses of flowers, foods, fibers,
costuming, and so much more that it was impossible for me to keep track!

There was a great court with much recognition of those excelling in the
promotion of the Arts and service to the Society. Several Golden Maple
Leafs were awarded (I didn't write down the names of the recipients :(
)and one Pillar to the Kingdom Youth Minister. Her Majesty Kortland
announced the Crown's choice of Kingdom Seneschal, being His Lordship
Ulric de Dalyhel from the Shire of Twae Linnes.

Their Royal Highnesses encouraged everyone to attend Their coronation
here in Twae Linnes, at the beautiful Niagra Springs site in September.

There was dancing out in the moonlight after the event, and a great show
of support for Arts and Sciences (you'll have to verify with the
autocrat) with *I think* about 90 people in attendance. Above all, it
was a blast! (as was the post-revel I went to at Baroness Cecilia's
house, with stories and laughs around the firepit)

If there's anything I've missed please feel free to make your additions
to my barely-adequate overview.

In Service to Artemisia and Crown,

Yesui Temurchecheg