[Artemisia] RE:A+S Gryphon's Lair inkle looming

irusan at iwon.com irusan at iwon.com
Tue Aug 10 16:43:27 CDT 2004

Greetings,

As Lady Mom posted the A+S class tonight is inkle loom. For
those who have no inkling what an inkle loom is or can do I thought
I would post a few links.

http://www.inkleweaving.com/notes/loom.html
(has a good picture of the loom itself, her patterns are beautiful
and look advanced, so don't let it scare you off)
http://www.straut-esden.net/temair/Arts%20-%20Inkle%20Loom.html
http://www.dancinghummingbird.com/weaving/inkle/
both these have samples of peoples inkle loom projects

and for those who work their own wood a pattern is here (I do not
know how it compares but thought Jerry might like a hard copy of a
pattern.)
http://www.ronane.com/cards/inkle/loom.html

My lord will be bringing basic plain-weave inkle patterns, and
likely some spare yarn for those who do not have any at hand.
Embroidery floss makes a fine flat trimlike band while yarn makes a
little thicker and stronger belt. Two or three contrasting colors
can make a pleasing effect. I believe tonight he will be focusing
on design and setting up the looms with more actually weaving next
tuesday if needed. I would think he would be ready to start
teaching around 6:30. THis is at Lady Mom's :
The address is 597 west 1750 north Clinton Utah. phone;825-6949

Slainte'
Irusan

--- In gryphonslairshire at yahoogroups.com, "Kathy McCrite"
<irishfire at c...> wrote:
> To the populace
> This Tuesday evening is Inkle loom weaving. Those of you
who would like to attend and learn how , it will be Tuesday Aug 10.
If you have a loom and wish to learn how to set it up, please bring
it and the material you wish to use for weaving and Pattern if you
have on in mind. If you don't have a loom, come anyway and learn
untill you get a loom. Lord Gearoid MacEgan will be on hand to talk
to any one interested in an inkle loom. The next Tuesday, August
16 will be instruction on weaving. There will be a table set up for
smalls and hopfully someone to keep them intertained. There will be
table space for all for setup and refreshments. The address is 597
west 1750 north Clinton Utah. If you need to contact me for any
reason or have questions please send email or call.