[Artemisia] Brewing and Drumming Tourneys Again at Silver Pass

Adriana adriana_riverhold at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 10 21:05:23 CDT 2004

Good folk of Artemisia, greetings.
     I ask your indulgence for word of this Outlands event next month,
hoping that some of you will again join us for a late summer's camping
weekend in Colorado.

     Information on the many tournaments and other activities of the
weekend, and directions to the site are at the Outlands Kingdom
calendar:  Outlands.org.

There will be brewing and drumming competitions again at
             Silver Pass IX, September 3--6
                Shire Rio de las Animas
                   Durango, Colorado

Musicians, dancers, spectators!
     Come once again to the drumming competition, this year at
Camp Darbuka.  Bring your instruments and your talent and your
enthusiasm to drum camp on Sunday evening.
Dancers will judge the drummers, fine  prizes will be awarded,
we'll all have a grand last evening at Silver Pass.

          And this year we are adding to the fun--
Here are words from Lord Donovan:
           Come one, come all to the Silver Pass
           Rhythm, Melody and Dance Extravaganza!
     This lighthearted competition is intended to highlight the
interaction between the Musicians and the Dancers.  Those who are
aspiring musicians should not be discouraged from participating--this
is not a contest of technique or skill with the instrument, but rather
of how one uses it to interact with the dancers.  I have seen amazing
interaction with a musician merely using his hands to clap in time for
a dancer.  Whether it be dynamics in the music, slight changes in the
rhythm, eye contact, or body language, communication reigns supreme in
this exciting and often sultry event.
     This, coupled with the fact that Lord Donovan the Arrogant will
not be in attendance (he claims this is to allow someone else to win
for a change) makes this one nght you won't want to miss!

Prizes include: The Dancers' Favorite Drummer
The Populace's Favorite Musician (percussionist or melody player)
The Musicians' Favorite Dancer
               ******************************

          Brewers and Vintners of the Known World
The great Silver Pass Brewing Tourney returns on Saturday.
Bring your best brewing and vintning efforts and join with your
fellow brewers.

Categories and awards for ale/beer, wine/mead.
Competition will be for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, and the Grand
Prize for best of show.
Entries will be judged on aroma, appearance, flavor, mouth feel,
overall impression, documentation, and historical authenticity.

Entries will be accepted from Saturday, 11AM to 1PM at the
brewers camp (see troll for location information).
Judging soon after.
Documentation is requested, but not required
(it will help your score). For information on documentation go to
http://sca_brew.homestead.com.

The Brewers Round Table will be Saturday, 7PM at the brewers camp.
Awarding of prizes from the competition, discussion and tasting of
various homebrewed beverages.

In service,
Adriana of RiverHold
Shire Rio de Las Animas