[Artemisia] Midge Marsh Melee!!!

Eric & Mary Ward ecmaward at comcast.net
Thu Aug 19 21:40:51 CDT 2004

Unto the populace of Artemisia,  Greetings!!

There are only 7 days left before Midge Marsh Melee!  I have news of
the site, the event schedule, and more.  The site owners and the
county fire regulation WILL allow above ground fire pits at this
event.  The site owners have put in a cold water only, outdoor
shower.  While it is not enclosed, it will be refreshing.  Food will
be available, hamburgers, sodas, etc from the kitchen.
	The current weather forecast is calling for very mild
weather, highs in the low 70's,  lows in the high 40's.  It looks
like we will have great weather for this time of year.

Here's the tentative schedule:

Tentative Schedule for Midge Marsh Melee,  August 27-29, 2004

8/27/04

2:00 PM - Site Opens

2-9 PM - set up, socializing

9 PM - Shire Bardic Championship

8/28/04

8 AM-- Archery Range Opens for Practice

8:30 Am - Shire Archery Championship

9 AM - Bowslinger Tourney

10 AM - Woods walkthrough (Archery)

10:30 AM - Armor Inspection Opens

11 AM - 2:30 PM - Armored Combat   (Scenarios by Math the Fish)

11 AM - 1 PM -  Boffer tourney (Children)

12 PM - Class - The Measure of a Man (Covered Pavillion)

1-4 PM Childrens Activities (Covered Pavillion)

3-5:30 PM  Rapier Combat (Scenarios by Don Vilhelm Silberhammer)

7-?  Court

10 PM- Adult (13 and up) Boffer Tourney

8/29/04

9 AM  - Rapier Prizes (2)

10 Am - 2 PM  Clean up + pack up

2 PM - Site Closes

Of course, this schedule is subject to change, dependent on everything.

And here's the event announcement again, in case you need to review
the directions:

Midge Marsh Melee

Shire of Gryphons Lair
August 27-29, 2004

	Just as the Demon Decopod arises to menace our southernmost
Barony, the Menacing Marsh Midges are gathering together to reign
terror in Gryphon's Lair. We have found the marsh these monsters
inhabit & we ask all to join us to beat back the Midges to bring
peace to the kingdom.
	Fighting scenarios will be designed by Math the Fish.
Archery will feature the second Bow Slinger's Tourney, a woods
walkthru & various target shoots.  The Shire's Archery champion will
be decided at this event as will the Shire's Bardic champion. There
will be exciting rapier fighting & entertaining children's
activities.  A good time will be had by all! There is no feast
planned at this time.
	The site is Mount Ogden Archery, east of Ogden in Weber Canyon.
 From the north: Take your best route to I-15 South to Ogden. Take the
I-84 East exit. Follow I-84 to exit 96, the Peterson/Stoddard exit,
turn left, then at the 'T', turn right.  The site is on the right, in
less than a 1/2 mile.
 From the south:  Take your best route to I-15 North toward Ogden.
Take the Riverdale Road exit, following the I-84 East road on
Riverdale, then merge onto I-84. Follow I-84 to exit 96, the
Peterson/Stoddard exit, turn left, then at the 'T', turn right.  The
site is on the right, in less than a 1/2 mile. SCA signs will be
posted.

	This is a wet site, pets are allowed, on leashes & cleaned up
after.  Site will open at 2 pm on Friday and close at 2 pm on Sunday.
Above ground firepits may be allowed, depending on county fire
regulations. This site is a Take in , Take out site.  ALL trash
brought in MUST be taken with you when you leave,

	Site Fee:  Adult members: $11.00, Child members $6.00.  The
$3.00 non-member surcharge will apply. A family cap of $30.00 will
apply for families consisting of 2 Adult members, and 2 or more child
members.  A daytrip site fee of $8.00 will apply for members. Make
Checks payable to: Shire of Gryphons Lair, SCA Inc.
	Merchants are, as always welcome for this event.
	For more information, contact the autocrats:

		THL Owen ap Howell (MKA Eric Ward)
		(801)525-1278
		wardschoolpsy at yahoo.com

		Lady Dub Essa O'Fidhne (MKA Mary Ward)
		(801)525-1278
		Dubessa at yahoo.com

Thank you for your time, and I hope to see you all there!!!

		THL Owen ap Howell