[Artemisia] Been awfully quiet, pot needs stirring...

Morgan Wolf morganwolf at sofast.net
Fri Aug 20 14:16:38 CDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "HL Isabeau de Sevingy" <badsquire at yahoo.com>
To: <artemisia at lists.gallowglass.org>
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2004 12:38 PM
Subject: [Artemisia] Been awfully quiet, pot needs stirring...

EL SNIPPO

> So, what's the best way to deal with someone so clueless, that they'd walk
up to

> someone they didn't know and inform them that they must be a whore
because...?'

> Personally I'm be sorely tested not to launch into a round of 'you must be
the

> village idiot because...'.

So, my initial response of a full-force backhand to somebody saying that to
my lady would be wrong?

If it was said to me, I'd probably respond "and you must be a virgin, 'cuz
you're really ugly".  If it was said to a Lady in my presence, I'd probably
at least verbally go off on the fool, if they said it to a lady of my House,
I'd physically drag the offending party to my Baroness, and hold them in
place until she was done them (then I'd hit 'em).

Of course, we all know that I'm an unpleasant person and rather intolerant
of even "well-intentioned" stupidity.

Bonheddwr Morgan Blaidd Du,
Protege and Ghillie to
Baron James Ulrich MacKellar and