[Artemisia] Yule Revel Announcement, not small

Morgan Wolf morganwolf at sofast.net
Wed Aug 25 15:25:17 CDT 2004

Unto the Kingdom of Artemisia,

>From the Shire of Stan Wyrm,

Greetings and Much Love!  We send this missive to invite all to join us on December 4th, 2004, for our Annual Yule Revel and not-so Annual Toys for Tots Tournaments.  We have made some changes this year, and hope to make this one the best ever!

                First, a big change in the format for the Tournaments.  This year both heavy and rapier tournaments will be Ladies Choice, conducted thusly:

1-  Each fighter must bring at least one new, non-gift wrapped toy to be donated to the Toys for Tots program.  If entering both heavy and rapier, a minimum of one toy is required for each tournament.

2-  Each lady who wishes to participate, by choosing a champion, must also donate a toy for each tournament they are participating in.

3-  After armor inspection for each tournament, the participating ladies will gather at the edge of the field.

4-  Each fighter will then present him/herself, in reverse Order of Precedence, to the assembled ladies, explaining why he/she should be the lady's champion.  The more elaborate, eloquent, and creative the reasons, the better.  Citing the large number of toys donated as an example of one's largesse is highly encouraged.

5-  After all fighters have presented themselves, the ladies will, in reverse Order of Precedence, choose their champions.  Presenting the chosen fighter with a token is wholly appropriate and encouraged, but not required.  Watching one's champion fight is expected.

6-  The tournaments shall be round robin.  In case of a tie, the tiebreaker shall be determined by the last lady to choose her champion.

7-  After the completion of the combat, the participating ladies will be asked to choose the Most Chivalrous fighter.  In the case of a tie, the tiebreaker shall be decided by the first lady to choose her champion.  Tournament Champion and Most Chivalrous will be announced at the end of the tournament, and the prizes will be presented at feast/in court.

                Our site this year will be the Family Living Center at Montana ExpoPark, very close to affordable motels and "casual dining", and very easy to locate.  It also has substantial room for, are you ready, indoor fighting!  Not only that, but weather permitting, we will have an archery and siege engine range right outside the door!  A splendid feast from all over will be prepared by the lovely and talented Redhawk and her staff (or Redhawk and her lovely and talented staff, take your pick), consisting of:

Roast Beef with Sauce Poivrade  (France)

Mushroom Pasties  (France)

Traditional Shortbread (Scotland)

Carrot Pudding (England)

Pilaf with Bulgur Wheat and Chick Peas (Turkey)

Saute Onions in Wine (Italy)

Cherry Tort (Italy)

THE PERTINENT DETAILS:

Site is the Family Living Center, Montana Expopark (fairgrounds), Great Falls, MT.  SITE OPENS 8 am Saturday, December 4, SITE CLOSES 11 pm Saturday December 4.  SITE FEE is $8.00, $3.00 discount for members, children under 8 free.  Site is wet, pets are okay but must be leashed at all times.

DIRECTIONS TO SITE- from the south, take I-15 to Great Falls.  Take the first exit on to 10th Ave S (ignore "exit 0").  Turn left at the very first light.  Go across the Sun River, over the train tracks, through the underpass, to the second light.  Go straight.  Just past the VFW turn right into the ExpoPark.  Site is the second building on the right.

 FEAST FEE is $5.00, children under 12 $2.50.  FEAST RESERVATIONS ARE DUE NO LATER THAN 11-15-04.  Merchants are welcome.  LIMITED CRASH SPACE IS AVAILABLE

NEARBY MOTELS- Days Inn; Meadowlark Inn- single queen bed $35.00 one person, $40.00 two people.  Double queen beds $45.00 two people, +$2.00 per extra person, Rollaway bed $5.00, no pets. Across the street from the ExpoPark, site is visible from the motel. 406 761 2089 for reservations.

Event Steward

Morgan Blaidd Du

406-868-3879

morganwolf at sofast.net