[Artemisia] A CHALLENGE!! (sound of large gauntlet striking the floor)

Morgan Wolf morganwolf at sofast.net
Sun Aug 29 07:35:40 CDT 2004

(NOTE:  THIS IS SENT IN FUN AND GOOD HUMOR, THOSE TAKING SERIOUS OFFENSE MISSED THE POINT AND SHOULD RE-READ IT)

Unto the College of Arrow's Flight,
and our Cousins of the South,
from Morgan Blaidd Du,
Event Steward for the Shire of Stan Wyrm's
Yule Revel and Toys for Tots Tournament,

    In the coming months, both of our groups will be hosting a Toys for Tots Tournament.  In years past, we have informally challenged each other to show that our respective populace is the more generous.  In those years when the North has proven more generous, it has been said that the South was not given ample time to prepare to meet the challenge.  So, I challenge the Event Steward, the College of Arrow's Flight, and all those who attend the Toys for Tots Tournament on November 13th in Arrow's Flight to donate more toys than myself, the Shire of Stan Wyrm, and those attending Yule Revel/Toys for Tots in Stan Wyrm on December 4th.  To make sure there is no confusion, the count is to be toys present at the event, toys collected elsewhere and donated separately do not meet the challenge.  To assuage concerns that we shall simply do enough to beat Arrow's Flight once we know how they did, I request that the Event Steward for Arrow's Flight NOT announce the official Toy count until Monday, December 6th, at which time I shall announce ours.  What say you, Arrow's Flight?

And for all of the rest of the Populace of these Sovereign Lands of Artemisia, I challenge you as well!  You have two choices, three weeks and 600 miles apart.  Everyone (excepting perhaps those in Twae Linnes and Arn Hold) is closer to one than the other.  I challenge each and every Artemisian to show their Largesse and Noblesse Oblige by attending the one closest, or both, of these events and making a donation of at least one new, non-gift wrapped toy.

In all seriousness, please help us and the Marine Corps show children that Santa not only exists, but that He has been a noble warrior for centuries.

Bonheddwr Morgan Blaidd Du,
Protege and Ghillie to
Baron James Ulrich MacKellar and
Baroness Rachel Ashton,
Castellan of the Shire of Stan Wyrm
Event Steward, Stan Wyrm Yule Revel/Toys for Tots

Fei g'wneir