[Artemisia] Event Thoughts

Sondra Gibson sgibson at edulog.com
Wed Dec 8 15:18:48 CST 2004

I would have to agree with Gregory about the camping events.

Also, my 2 cents - I don't know about the other groups in Artemisia, but I
know that the 'core' group of people who can be counted on to work on/at
events is not so very large in BSK.  I don't think that stretching ourselves
even thinner by trying to do even more events is the answer.  I sometimes
think there are too many events for our smaller groups to try to support
without wearing out our willing workers.

As far as how late the events run - camping events are *great* in that folks
have the whole night (or several nights) to socialize or do what ever they
choose. (and if need be dinner dishes *can* be done in the morning)   Indoor
one day events are a different story.  I think I can safely say that no one
in our group wants to be cleaning a hall at 2 in the morning, any more.
That is the reason many of our events end by 10:30 or 11 pm.

I would agree that some events can become *too* structured.  I like an
offering of activities, but when you feel like you have to watch the clock
all day in order to be where you *need* to be, the chance for those special
moments decreases. ( I will say that one of my most special moments occurred
at Estrella - mid afternoon on a battlefield, so I guess I don't fit the
early morning or late evening pattern)

Gefjon