[Artemisia] Event Thoughts

LadyPDC at aol.com LadyPDC at aol.com
Thu Dec 9 12:56:59 CST 2004

In a message dated 12/9/2004 10:12:45 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
bapadget at yahoo.com writes:

But what  of feasts at such events? When Sir Gregory
and I spoke last night, he  brought up the death of
off-board feasting.  Somewhere, somebody  decided that
the only choices for eating at events are full-blown
feast  or off-site dining.  Nobody's fessed up, but if
I meet the SOB, I'll  throttle him

I think you might find that the death came about because of several  events
held at hotels and other such places which do not allow other food to be
brought onsite.  Several such events occurred in a row about three years  ago and I
have not seen much off-board offered in this area since that  time.  Think
people got used to the fact that we "couldn't" do off board  through those
events and "couldn't" just migrated to "don't".  Again,  something for the event
steward to keep in mind when searching for  sites.

Several years ago, when I was able to be much more active, I put  together
the beginnings of a list of available sites, amenities, costs,  benefits, and
detractions so we could refer to such in planning future  events.  Too often, we
have a rather good site that everyone enjoyed but we  never go back there
because the information didn't get passed along.  I  don't know where that list
went, I passed it on to the next MOAS at the time and  am afraid it got lost.
But think it would be a good idea to start such  again so we don't lose track
of a "magical" site.

Lady Constance de la Rose
Barony of Loch Salann
Kingdom of  Artemisia