[Artemisia] RE: Event Thoughts

Jessi Boyer jaboyer at cableone.net
Thu Dec 9 18:10:31 CST 2004

Lady Verdiana, you have most succinctly put into words a lot of what I
believe is pivotal in maintaining the inherent magic of our society.
You're absolutely right that the responsibility lies on the individual,
and that individual contributing to the larger group and our ideal. The
more work we *all* put into it, the more of that incorporeal Dream we
all seek will be able to exist.

I agree about finding the least mundane sites we can manage, and if we
have to go the extra mile or pay a little more for the site, well it's
worth it to me to do a little extra fundraising or contributing to have
our event at not the cheapest and most convenient, but the best suited
site to our medieval pursuits.

Hanging tapestries over bulletin boards, leaving the sneakers at home,
and heralding tourneys as if we were in a medieval heralded tournament
instead of a football game are things we can do more of (meaning it does
happen, but not enough) to make the game a little less, well, mundane.
WE bring the magic, it doesn't come magically :)

I have a whole bucketload of points on this subject, like many who, I'm
sure, are following this thread and thinking to themselves "hm..." Thank
you, Niccolo, for putting energy into trying to quantify what makes this
Society and our time together so addictive. It's something we should
dwell on, because then we're more likely to act on our conclusions.

Verdiana, fear not that you ramble. You're in here with the champ.

Yesui
Hailing from the most noble Shire of Twae Linnes