[Artemisia] Event Thoughts

Morgan Wolf morganwolf at sofast.net
Thu Dec 9 18:44:31 CST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "caointiarn" <caointiarn1 at juno.com>
>     It strikes me as "odd" that people  want more events, when the ones
> already scheduled are sparsely attended.  The Kingdom Arts & Sciences
> Exhibition did not break even because the gate was less than 75 people.
> Yet here was a good opportunity for talking, catching up with old friends
&
> smoozing the day away.  Unless you were pressed into service to judge,
the
> whole day was there. {Sister Mary Pelican says: if everyone did one small
> task, then everyone could spend the majority of the day in play}
>
>     Crown Tournaments have been just as woefully neglected.  32 entrants?
> There are many more knights than that in Artemisia!   And many  many more
> squires and hopefuls.
> More events may be better for the higher populated areas, and I understand
> the mileage can seem so isolating, but that  is not the best solution for
us
> smaller branches.
>
> Stirring the Pot once again,
> Caointairn

Let me preface this by saying this is MY PERSONAL OPINION, and does not
reflect either of my offices or the opinions of my Baron and Baroness.

Having said that, the lovely and talented Maistresse brings up a very valid
point, one I have been mulling for some months.  Quite simply, the mundane
facts of travel, at least in Northern Artemisia ( I still like "Via
Prolissima") mean that having 3 or 4 events in one month in this area
require us to pick and choose, which really restricts our opportunities to
go South.  In fact, I am at this point (and please understand that I once
again stress this is just my opinion) *considering* recommending at the next
convocation that all of the Northern groups (it just rolls so nicely off the
tongue- Via Prolissima) *voluntarily* reduce the number of events we're
holding, to encourage more travel.

Once again, just my own, humble, personal opinion.

Morgan

p.s. Baron Niccolo, thanks for the vote of confidence, but I am landlocked,
no ship here.