[Artemisia] Event Thoughts

Michele Wolf amefinch at cableone.net
Sat Dec 11 16:38:05 CST 2004

I've certainly had magic moments at events.  A lot of them have to do with
the company that I am keeping and the site.  But a great many have to do
with a comment from Bijou.  Singing along.  Not just being entertained or
entertaining but truly being a part of that sound.  I'm always ready with a
song to sing and constantly looking to expand my base.  But it is so much
more exciting when others join in with me or invite others to join in with
them.  This doesn't have to be an activity unto itself (Singing around the
campfire, a class on songs) but can be incorporated into anything: feasting,
marching, cooking, gaming.  I'd imagine singing while fighting would be an
interesting way to rattle your opponent.

Obviously not an end all solution but a point that is obvious when moving
from Calontir to Artemisia.

YIS,
 Lady Giliana

(If you can't sing well, at least sing loud.)

-----
As far as magic moments at events - I find myself to be the kind of person
who doesn't tend to have the moments where I actually find myself believing
I'm
in the middle ages - or at least, I haven't yet.  My kind of magic moment is
where I find myself truly enjoying the moment at hand - like marching in
ranks
with my fellow Terra Sylvans at Woodland Wars, singing our Battle Anthem
(Curse in fear, Lord Azir, Azure will do as he will dare!) only to come
around a
bend and find the classic branch across the pathway...  Or singing 'Hey, Ho,
Nobody's Home' with my friends in a corner of the kitchen at a Gryphon's
Lair
event.  My magic moments have more to do with people willing to
whole-heartedly
enjoy the game, and make the most of whatever's at hand then anything else.

Bijou de Fontane