[Artemisia] Event Thoughts

Willa - Rose yasmeena at juno.com
Mon Dec 13 13:14:09 CST 2004

Love this topic Master Niccolo, thank you.

Magic always occurs for me during those moments when I am appreciating
the romantic silhouette of my dashing swordsman and love of my life,
Maitre Guillaume. More magical moments occur when including my horses in
this game. Riding in tournament with my fellow equestrians transports me
to another time. I really enjoyed that parade at Uprising a few years ago
too, complete with mounted royalty surrounded by flying banners presented
through an arch of rapiers and led by bagpipers. Oh, I can't forget that
magic bottle of mead consumed under a starlit summer's night after
dancing on the manicured lawn of a winery chateau. Now that I reflect
back on magical moments, I can recall many and they all have a common
denominator. I believe it is *fun*. Everyone present during those moments
was totally committed in having *fun* while sporting their best
reenactment behavior.

Perhaps it's just as simple as being *dedicated* to having *fun* that
will produce a return of more magical moments for all.  In other words,
if it ain't fun, then change your attitude. For fun, let's dissect *fun*
at events with the chivalric virtues:

Prowess: laughing, enjoying, appreciating the opportunity to play with
like minded mates.
Loyalty: attendance and imagination
Largess: volunteering
Courtesy: kind words and appropriate titles spoken
Franchise: behaving like a noble
Faith: being a dependable player

My wish is for more camping events that allow pets and horses... of
course. smile

Yasmeena

Mu'allemah Yasmeena, OL, OP, Cd'O, etc.
"The Equestrian Mistress"
Minister of the Royal Stables of Artemisia
Mounted Companion of the Lance of St. Anne
http://lanceofstanne.homestead.com/yasmeena.html