[Artemisia] Re: Magic Moments

Julia H. West julia.west at sff.net
Wed Dec 15 17:02:48 CST 2004

Cyfarchion, folk of Artemisia,

>     Experiencing Mistress Rhonwen perform field heraldry inside a concrete
> bunker in the day at the first Crown Tournament His Grace Brion
> Tarragon won in a final with Sakura no-kami Maikeru Sama.
>     Sitting with Rhonwen and her lord Aelfric later and having her teach
> me some elements of field heraldry.

Master Brendan, I am so honored to have been part of one of your magic
moments!  That means a lot to me.

It seems many of my magic moments were at unofficial events or late at night.
One of mine is field heraldry as well:  Master Baldwin of Erebor taking me out
to the back yard at Hold Tyte (the old Hold Tyte) at an after-event revel and
teaching me field heraldry.  I still wonder what the neighbors thought we were
doing that Sunday afternoon.

Sitting at a Japanese revel, also at Hold Tyte, and going over a book of mon
(Japanese heraldry) with my now-lord Aelfric; it was one of the first times I
ever really got to know him.

Helping clean up after a Solstice court and trading puns with (again) Aelfric
(seems like this guy really got around in my life).

Sitting in a rainstorm in a tent in Eskalya singing with a bunch of people I
didn't know but who became instant friends because they were in the SCA.

Sitting in a tent at one of the earliest Grand Outlandish events, trading puns
for HOURS with lots of other heralds.

Again at an early Grand Outlandish, singing at a Bardic Circle, around a fire,
until nearly dawn.

Sitting at Hold Tyte making up a song with Sir Mika and Sir Robert.

I'm sure there are many more, but my old mind grows fuzzy.  (Old-Tymer's
disease, I believe it's called. ;)  )

Rhonwen