[Artemisia] Spoiling the Magic

Richard Samul scascot at appleisp.net
Fri Dec 17 18:19:36 CST 2004

On Dec 17, 2004, at 11:18 AM, barnesgate at mindspring.com wrote:

> The Magic
> Hello Artemesians, at my first real event at a wonderful field by Idaho
> falls years ago, I wore gold thongs, a long skirt and a blouse that was
> period. A woman made the comment " You can always tell the newbies."
> I was embarrased but thought she was just being snotty. Now I
> understand
> about the "magic" and will never again wear anything not period.
> Celeste de Lazure

No, that was just being snotty, IMHO.

There are those in this game who think only of themselves as they are
now in the Society, with all the period accouterments and clothes and
years of experience behind them, and forget that they were once a
newbie too. Sometimes, they need to be reminded. Forcefully, if needed.

Nothing spoils the "magic" quicker than someone looking down their nose
at you, because deem you, your clothes, or your encampment as less than
worthy.

--
Earc

Can I get change back on this nickel?