[Artemisia] SITE CHANGE!! Please read!!

Eric & Mary Ward ecmaward at comcast.net
Fri Dec 31 14:45:57 CST 2004

The site directions in the Sage for Gryphons Lair 12th Night on
January 8 are not correct!!
Due to circumstances beyond the autocrat's control, the site has been
changed.  Correct directions are contained in the event announcement
below.

We thank you for your understanding.

Shire of Gryphon's Lair
12th Night Celebration

Greetings and Blessings upon all good Lords and Ladies of the most
august Kingdom of Artemisia. The Holliday season is upon us yet
again, and all to soon, it will be past. 12th night was originally
intended to celebrate the Feast of the Epiphany, that is, the light
of the world. The song the 12 days of Christmas was used as a
learning tool for young Catholics to learn about their faith, and
beliefs because Catholicism was forbidden from 1558 to the early 19th
Century.

The Shire of Gryphon's Lair will mark 12th night as the end of the
Holliday season, and the opportunity start anew the year in faith
(whatever yours may be), and peace.

This seasons 12th night will include a Fighting Tourney open to all
to include individuals and teams. The winner(s) will be declared
"Defender(s) of the Faith." (no specific religious affiliation
intended).

An Arts & Sciences table(s) will be open to all who wish to display
their current projects, finished or unfinished. HL Meraud will be
preparing feast with a traditional "Last Boar of the season" main
course, and other sumptuous treats not to be missed. There will be
choices other than pork.

After feast you will be treated to a production of Shakespeare's 12th
Night, as well as, music, which is the food of Love after all..,
shall we play on?

The doors will swing wide at 9:00AM with armor inspection at 10:00AM
the fighting will begin,

weather permitting at 12:00, Artemisian Time. We need to clear out of
the building by 11:00PM

Join us, wont you, at the Davis County Fair Grounds 151 South 1100
West Farmington UT.  Make your best way to the I-15 Farmington Exit
(Exit 326).  Head West past The Davis County Justice Court and
Farmington Bay Youth Corrections, the Fair Grounds will be just past
all that, look for building #1.

Cost of feast and the event will be $12.00, with out feast $6.00.
Children under 14 $4.00, under 3 free and free feast, Family cap of
$30.00 site fee, feast is additional at $6.00 adult $3.00 child,
$3.00 non-member surcharge. Tell me where you can have a night out
with dinner and a play for $12.00?

Feast Reservation should be made no later than the 2nd of January 2005.

Make checks payable to "The Shire of Gryphon's Lair"

Event Steward:          Fr. Robert, Lord Bedlam      801-458-2562

Feast Steward:          HL Meraud des Belles Feuilles       801-776-6733

Below is a lovely map from mapquest, if it makes it, nice folks
though. If you don't see it and need better directions you can get
them from mapquest, hey if I can do it so can you. If you have any
troubles or anything you would like to contribute or if you even want
to chat for a while, drop me a note, give me a call, send a pigeon,
sorry, cant read semaphore.

Hope you can all make it though...................see you soon!