[Artemisia] Fw: Stefan's files for February

caointiarn caointiarn1 at juno.com
Thu Feb 5 06:51:04 CST 2004

Greetings to the Known World,

Here is a copy of my Florilegium article for February, telling you what is
new in the Florilegium this month.

I am always looking for new and interesting articles for the Florilegium on
a wide variety of SCA and medieval subjects. So if you have written an
article that would be of interest to other folks in the SCA please send it
to me for possible inclusion. Or send me another's article you think should
be included with the proper contact info and I will contact them.

I am looking for additional information collectors, editors and others
interested in helping with the Florilegium. If you think the Florilegium has
been a useful project and you would like to help out, please contact me
online or at the upcoming Gulf Wars event.
-------------
A Blending of the Past and Present

Over the past fourteen years in an ongoing effort, I have been collecting
bits of useful information from various newsgroups, mail lists and articles
submitted to me by their authors. In order to make this information
available to others, I have placed this information in a series of files I
call Stefan's Florilegium.

      THLord Stefan li Rous   Ansteorra    stefan at florilegium.org

Here are the new files for this month:
under CULTURES:
    Italy-lnks           Web links to info on medieval Italy by Dame Aoife
Finn of Ynos Mon.

under COMBAT:
    LH-fighting-msg      Techniques for left-handed fighters.

under CRAFTS:
    glass-lnks           Web links to medieval glass     by Dame Aoife Finn
of Ynos Mon.
    lampwrk-beads-lnks   Web links to info on historical lampwork    beads
by Dame Aoife Finn of Ynos Mon.

under CULTURES:
    Ireland-lnks         Web links to medieval Ireland  by Dame Aoife Finn
of Ynos Mon.

under FEASTS:
    BM-Slvr-Av-Fst-art   "Bordermarch Silver Anniversary Feast"  by Countess
Tess of the Gardens MP.
    cutting-onions-msg   Techniques for cutting onions.

under PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES:
    F-It-spce-mixs-art   "French & Italian Herb and Spice Mixtures"  by
THLady Johnnae llyn Lewis.

And this month’s updated files include:
    bev-water-msg        Water as a beverage in period.
    breakfast-msg        What's for breakfast? SCA and period.
    candy-msg            Period candy. Recipes. Candied fruit peels.
    codpieces-msg        Codpieces. Making and fitting them.
    dates-msg            Period date fruits. Recipes.
    tarts-msg            Period small, open-topped, shallow pies.
    wine-msg             Medieval wines.
---
Copyright 2004, Mark S. Harris.
Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted if
the contents are left unchanged and the author is notified of the
publication. Notification may be by email and reformatting is allowed.

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com