[Artemisia] Great thread on Silk - now on to Linen

Dame Rachel (Thaya Shaeffer) damethaya at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 5 16:44:09 CST 2004

Greetings Cousins,

I concur that Caledonia Fine Fabrics is a wonderful store where I could do some really serious damage if I even were to win the lottery.

As all are sharing sources.....
for Linen fabric, that's real 100% linen content fabric (although they also sell blends and linen look) go to www.denverfabrics.com and check them out.  They let you order on line and let you zoom in to see weave sample.  You have to pay for shipping out, and you can also return the fabric bought on the way (again you pay for shipping) if it was not what you had expected.

Be sure to watch the ounsed listed under the weight of each individual fabric and fiber content discription.  Some of the stuff listed in medium weight is actually light weigth.  Some of their light-weights are very, less then 4oz.  I had to send back my first order.  I am so used to what locally is considered "lite weight" (based on linen look and linen blends) that I was completely surprised at how light it was as I wanted it for the body of several over dresses.  I had orderd light thinking it would be cooler, oops.  They have limited colors availble (perhaps if others start buying from them their stock will increase hint hint).  If exact shade is an issue, you can purchase a low cost swatch.  They have some really good prices starting at around $7.00 per yard (no minimum) for limited colors of 100% imported linen, most are 54 or 60 inches wide.

Shalom,
Dame Rachel

SCA:  Dame Rachel Ravenlock, OP
Legal: Mrs. Thaya G. Shaeffer
Kingdom of Artemisia, Barony of Arn Hold
(208) 322-3444 before 9:00pm MST please!
“I know that God only gives me as much as I can handle,
I simply never knew He thought so highly of my abilities.”
- Mother Theresa