[Artemisia] A funny

Naima ladywolf89 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 19 17:21:58 CST 2004

Message: 2
   Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 23:16:13 -0800 (PST)
   From: Reuben and Arwen
<reuben_arwen at yahoo.com>
Subject: WAR!

The King of Atentireorra was in his pavilion
wondering which Kingdom to fight next, when his
farspeaker rang. "Greetings unto your Majesty!  A
voice said. "This is Bejorn, up here in the Incipient
Shire of Gryphon's Armpit in Artemisia.  I, the
Seneschal, hereby proclaim that we are officially
declaring war on the Kingdom of Atentireorra!"

"Well Bejorn," His Majesty of Atentireorra
replied, "This is indeed important news!  How big is
your army?"

"Right now," said Bejorn, after a moments
calculation "there is myself, the deputy Herald, a
belly
dancer, a merchant, and the whole cooks guild.
That makes eight!"

HM of Atentireorra paused. "We must tell you
Bejorn, that We have 1000 authorized fighters in Our
army waiting to move on Our command."

"Leaping Laurels!," said Bejorn. "I'll have to
call ye back!" Sure enough, the next business
meeting, Bejorn called again. "Your Majesty, the war
is still on!  We have managed to acquire some new
weapons!"

"And what would they be Bejorn?", HM asked.

"Well Sire, we have two rubber band guns, a
rapier, and a rock."

HM of Atentireorra sighed. "We must tell you
Bejorn, that We have 300 knights, 55 men at arms, and
75 squires.  Also We've increased Our regular
authorized fighters to 2000 since we last spoke."

"Scabby Scotsmen!", said Bejorn, I'll be getting
back to ye."

Sure enough, Bejorn rang again the next A&S.
"Your Majesty, the war is still on!  We have managed
to get ourselves a siege engine! We modified
Greenwolf Ravensdotter's desktop trebuchet from
Design Toscano, and the local LARPs have joined us as
well!"

HM was silent for a minute then cleared his
throat. "We must tell you Bejorn that We have 10 full
sized trebuchets, 5 ballistas, and a rather large
battering ram.  Just Our royal archery guard
consists of 80 master crossbowmen and long-bowmen.
And since we last spoke, We've increased Our
authorized fighters to 5000!"

"Verminous Vikings!" exclaimed Bejorn,"I'll have
to call ye back Sire." Sure enough, Bejorn called
again the next dance practice. "Your Majesty of
Atentireorra!  I beg leave to inform ye that we
have had to call off the war."

"I'm sorry to hear that" said HM. "Why the sudden
change of heart?"

"Well, Sire," said Bejorn, "we've all  had a long
chat over a few tankards of mead, and came to
realize that there's no way we can
feed that many prisoners."

ARTEMISIAN CONFIDENCE CANNOT BE SHAKEN!  VIVAT!

(from Esther on our ssmideastguild group)
Naima

=====
Sayyida Naima bint Rashid al-Andalusiyya, CGP
Shire of Bronzehelm
Kingdom of Artemisia

Don't let other people's littleness bring out the littleness in you!