[Artemisia] Arn Hold Baronial Arts & Science event

Lisa Gilbert elsidhg at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 23 11:51:27 CST 2004

Our Baronial Arts and Science Competition is Saturday, March 6.

Along with the fun of showing your great works (and getting good feedback) are several championship tournaments. The Arts and Science Champion, the Baroness’ Champion (method described below) and the Baronial Musketeer (rapier champion) competitions will be held.

Stâpanâ Catriona (M. Tangl’s arch nemesis) will be officiating an assassin’s game, so bring your best imagination on how to take out your friends and win the prize for being the day’s best assassin. (this is a non-combative game for all ages)

Lord Val Bjorn is hosting a barrier tourney.

The site is the All Saints Episcopal Church on the corner of Latah and Cassia. Their address is 704 Latah. Directions: From I-84 take the Orchard exit, head north (pass Overland Rd). Right on Cassia and on the NE corner of Cassia and Latah is the All Saints Episcopal Church.
This is a discreetly damp site. No pets are allowed.

Site opens at 10am and closes at 11pm. Site fee is $6.00 for adult members, $2.00 for ages 7-16 and those 6 & under are free. Adult Non-Members will also be assessed the $3 Non-Member fee.

Included in the site fee is a luncheon of soup and bread (a vegetarian option will be available). There will be a dinner break before evening court (at Their Excellencies discretion).

Classes are as follows:
Lady Giliana is teaching Hebrew Basics
Lady Rosamunde is teaching Leather Tooling
m’lady Tara is teaching Origami
m’lady Theodora is teaching The Celtic Connection

The Baroness' Champion:
"Many of you are used to not knowing what your task will be until the day of
the Arts and Sciences competition, but this year will be different.
Your task, should you wish to participate in the competition, will be
to fashion a pouch/bag. Then I want you to choose three items that
you feel best represent me and place them inside your pouch/bag. On
the day of the Arts and Sciences competition, I will ask each person
who wishes to vie for my champion to present their pouch to me and
explain their reasoning for the items they have chosen.
The winner of the Baroness' Champion competition will be named at our
final court of the evening."

Check the website for schedules and the A&S entry form.

Autocrat: Lady Elsidh GilleBrighde, mda Lisa Gilbert. You can contact me at elsidhg(at)yahoo.com or call 208-331-0285.
MoAS: Lady Teckla of Unicorn Meadow contact at tecklameadow(at)planet-save.com