[Artemisia] Estrella War highlights?

Willa - Rose yasmeena at juno.com
Tue Feb 24 18:19:02 CST 2004

The Royal Stables of Artemisia had a very good showing this year. Four
Artemisian equestrians rode over all. Friday I sponsored a tournament of
Middle Eastern sword drills and spear games... Lady Aurealia assisted.
There were many grunts and groans as to the difficulty of the course...
he, he, evil grin. Four riders entered. Two were from Artemisia, Duncan
and Lady Erin. Lady Erin won. For the Saturday and Sunday tournaments,
Lady Aurealia and I shared a horse. The little mare came to us with no
name and we quickly decided she should be called America.... as she was a
horse with no name. Our colorful trappers and accomplished riding styles
provided entertaining rhyme for the Queens and guests in the berfrois as
they filked to the name of our horse.

Lure coursing the hunting hounds occurred on 3 mornings. Boss enjoyed
seeing his WAR sweetie, (Greyhound) Jenna, and together they chased the
dummy bunny with joy. In addition, a falconer from Loch Salaan flew her
hawk. All taking place in the main battlefield.

Guillaume fenced, sponsored 2 fencing tournaments and assisted with the
morning lure coursing. In the evenings, we enjoyed the music and friendly
environment at camp Caid... great oud player and drummers. Oh and we did
some power shopping too.

It was a good WAR. We returned home with only sore muscles... all 3 of
us... and with the question, "What's next?"

Yasmeena

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 19:30:44 -0500 (EST) "tangl" <tangl at myway.com>
writes:
>  Well, the War for me was typical, but the War for Terence was
> actually better than he's used to! Terence has a penchant for
> missing the "good parties". He always hears about these random
> encounters I have that occur just after he goes to bed, or end right
> before he got there. So, he stayed by me the whole war during the
> eventings and thus, got to get Tangled! First night, we were fetched
> by an old friend of mine from a pirate raid I did a few years back.
> She took us as a "Floating Flirting Party" where she handed out
> cloved fruit and a drink she just invented the night before called
> Here Try This. From there we went to the Outlandish Pirate Party and
> he was done in by a Three Man game. Lord Darius was volunteering at
> Troll, so he missed it unfortunately, but he helped out all day at
> the Troll gate in Pre Reg. The next day, we spent the day hanging
> out together. I taught two classes at the War, Persona Development
> and Patterning, and he got to explore Merchant's Row before joining
> in the fencing. Darius joined us for a little while after
> volunteering at Troll in the morning. Terence ended up going to all
> the parties he ever had heard tales about, and Darius actually spent
> the entire war Volunteering, so both did what they really loved
> doing! And I got to hang out and judge the Bookbinding Competition
> for the War Point. Anyone else? Tangl

Mu'allemah (Mistress) Yasmeena bint al Ahlam, OP, Cd'O
Minister of the Royal Stables of Artemisia
Companion to the Company of St. Anne
http://lanceofstanne.homestead.com/yasmeena.html
An Interkingdom Mounted Military Company