[Artemisia] Re: [arnhold] sherwood

Godwin fitzGilbert de Striguil archergodwin at cableone.net
Mon Jul 5 20:23:41 CDT 2004

Archers, and other good gentles as well, gather your families or just
yourselves, but come all to the Challenge of Sherwood!
Saturday July 10th, 2004.

Held in the Barony of ArnHold, we once again strive to teach, learn and
perform the art of archery.

As the temperature heats up once again in the high desert of Artemisia,
we shall take advantage of the cooler mornings, and shade during midday
as we unite once again in fellowship of the bow. Activities for this
year are various novelty shoots, competitive shoot and of course,
classes - most on archery related subjects, but not all. We shall try to
plan for an armored and rapier tourney, so stay tuned. We also want to
try and get a siege engine tourney started in this event. Full, ½ or  ¼
  scale in 3 categories: Trebuchet, Onager-style, Ballista-style.
Distance being 50-100 yards or so.

This will be firmed up soon. To date, we have not received any notice of
anybody bringing siege engines, but we will have room and targets should
any show up.

http://www.barony-of-arnhold.org/sherwood.htm

Site fee will be $8.00, with a 3.00 instant discount for proof of
membership. Children ages 10 to 15 will be 3.00 each, and  age 9 and
under for free. As last year, lunch is provided in the site fee.

The site is Crossroads Middle School in Meridian, Idaho.  Since summer
is quite warm in Meridian, the site will open at 9:00 AM with opening
court at their Excellencies desire.  Shooting will start at 10:00 AM,
and will run until Noon, when lunch will be served.  Classes will
commence at 1:00 PM and run until 4:00 PM.  Those competitions that were
not completed before Noon will start at 4:00 PM.  Site will close after
final court, which will take place following the conclusion of the
competitions, and other activities that may be had.

Directions to the site:

Take I-84 to the Eagle Road exit. The Eagle Road exit is West of Boise,
but still East of Meridian.  Go North (towards the foothills) on Eagle
Road approximately ½ mile and turn LEFT onto Franklin Road.  Stay on
Franklin Road approximately ½ mile and turn RIGHT onto N. Nola Road.
The school is located at 650 N. Nola Road.  As usual, look for the SCA
signs.

Archery Competitions:

"Short" Clout, Timed Quintain, Bow Slinger, Grouping Shoot, Wands,
...and more.

Event Schedule

8:00am		Arrive and begin setup

9:00am		Site opens
               	Sign-up Begins
                 Range is open for competitors to warm-up

10:00am-10:30am	Morning “Welcome” court

10:30am-12:00am	Archery competitions held
		Rapier / Armored Tourney?

12:00am-1:00pm	Lunch Break
		Silent Auction begins
		Raffle begins

1:00pm-4:00pm	Classes:
Banner and/or pennant making.
Dame Rachel

"Bows: Past and Present".
Sir Sagan

Persona Development Class.
Tanglwyst

Intermediate archery. (Cost = $1)
Hachmood Braden

Archery 101.
Lord Godwin

Basic under clothes: braies, tunic, chemise etc...
Lady Susanna

1:00pm-4:00pm	Mini A&S
The categories will be:
(1) Weapons, bows and arrows
(2) Leatherwork.

No documentation will be necessary.  Entrant should be able to talk
about their project and answer questions.  Reference/resource material
may be provided at the entrant's option.

4:00pm-7:00pm	Archery competitions held until completion
		Rapier / Armored Tourney?
		Announcing winners of raffle and silent auction.

7:00pm-9:00pm	Evening Court

9:00pm-10:00pm	Possible Mini-Ball

10:00pm???	Clean-up

Autocrat