[Artemisia] Arn Hold IKEqC Tournament and prize for best dressed.

Willa - Rose yasmeena at juno.com
Thu Jul 15 12:59:08 CDT 2004

Greetings All,

We will enjoy the company of Lord Jamutka and Lady Tamar, from Cote du
Ceil, this weekend as first time guests and entrants to the tournament.
Also in attendance will be Lady Cerridwyn from Twae Linnes. Anyone else
out there planning on attending? We want to be fully prepared to make
accommodations. Please let us know.

A prize, donated by Mu'allemah Yasmeena, will be given for the best
dressed combination of horse and rider. The arena opens early and the
tournament will *begin* at 10am. This tournament is slated as an
entertaining demo (for recruitment purposes) for the boarders of Dusty
Acres Equestrian Center, their friends and family. After the tournament,
we will invite first timers to try their mounts on the games. All
entrants to the tournament  are expected to assist in teaching the game
rules, sharing equipment and then helping in the removal of the equipment
from the arena. A Marshal of the Arena will remain to oversee safety in
running the lists.

When all is put away and horses rinsed off sufficiently, we meet under
the shade trees at m'Lord Andy and m'Lady Susan's house, owner's of these
fine stables, to enjoy a potluck barbecue. Hot dogs and hamburgers will
be provided, unless you have your own special something to put on the
bar-bee. Bring a dish and your favorite beverage. Yes, it is a wet site.
Oh, and bring a chair too.

Saturday evening I have set aside time for private lessons in developing
a balanced seat for gaming. This is non SCA related and there is a small
fee. I have 2 spots left, one beginning at 4pm and the other beginning at
5pm. I can take 2 riders per spot. This will take place in the covered
arena. At 7pm the entire group will practice cavalry drill exercises at
all gaits in the large outdoor arena. Before we depart for the evening,
those present shall set up the arena for the Sunday tournament.

If you do not have a mount, contact me and I can arrange a rental for
you.
Rental horses @ $20 per day paid to owner of horse.
Lesson fee for Sat. @ $15 per rider paid to SHE, Inc., a therapeutic
riding program "all about girls on horseback".
Overnight @ $5-$10 (depends on feeding and clean up) paid to Dusty Acres.
All horses must prove Strangles protection to site owner, via Yasmeena.

See you there,
Eq. Marshal in Charge, Mu'allemah Yasmeena
Baronial Minister of the Stables, Lady Auraelia
Marshal of the Arena, Lady Freydis

Mu'allemah Yasmeena, OL, OP, Cd'O, etc.
"The Equestrian Mistress"
Minister of the Royal Stables of Artemisia
Mounted Companion of the Lance of St. Anne
http://lanceofstanne.homestead.com/yasmeena.html