[Artemisia] Medieval European dance

julia.jackman-brink "julia.jackman-brink" at umontana.edu
Wed Jul 21 08:56:41 CDT 2004

Bruce Padget wrote:

> 3.  The precise competition rules are hashed out in
> the treaty negotiation process.  I've never been very
> closely involved in negotiations on the arts points.
> So...Mistress Juliana, or anyone else who might know:
> To whom do suggestions/concerns go?  When/how should
> we send them?

Greetings!  Since the Categories have already been chosen by the
collective Royals, the actual criteria for the judging is usually
hammered out online by the Principal Kingdom A&S Ministers. I for one
would love input from those artisans (laurel and non-peer)with knowledge
in the categories being offered for the War Point. We generally start
grinding the Criteria at the start of August to have them ready to be
included into the formal treaty in October.

So, here's the scoop. If you have concerns or suggestions for ANY of the
proposed categories (European Dance, Archery Equipment, and Period
Storage Containers) please send them my way. Directly or via your local
Arts Officer, either would be great.

Suggestions for other categories for future years (2006+)is also
appreciated. Categories should be fairly narrow, but diverse enough to
appeal to a multi-kingdom audience. (ex. Surface Embroidery is too big
and has many elements, so one would narrow it by choosing a single style
of surface embroidery, like Goldwork.)

I look forward to hearing from you all!  THANK YOU!!

YIS;
Juliana
KMOAS