[Artemisia] Connor's R&B Tourney at Uprising

Mike Bradley bradmich at isu.edu
Thu Jun 3 12:27:09 CDT 2004

Greetings,

As Uprising draws to only being a little less than a week away, I have a
request, and some answers to frequently* asked questions.

First the request.  As I have only had one person actually inform me
that they have a sponsor and are fighting in the tourney, and I would
like to get some idea of how many people are going to fight, anyone that
is planning on fighting, whether you have a sponsor yet or not, please
send me a private email.  That way I can get some sort of estimate on
how many fighters there will be.  Also, if any Ladies of the Rose and/or
Papillion wish to sponsor a fighter, but have not been approached by
one, feel free to send me an email and I will see about matching your
request up with a fighter that doesn't have a sponsor.

FAQ (* for a very loose definition of 'frequently' that includes talking
to myself)

Does it have to be a Lady of Papillion, or will any former Princess do?
Technically, any former Princess.  Most Principalites have/had an Order
of the Lady of the ...  So, if it is not a Lady of the Papillion, the
fighter would have to bring whatever the order name is rather than
butterflies as part of their enterance to the tourney.  For example, if
the sponsor were a former Princess of the Outlands, it would be doves.
And yes, there are 3 Ladies of the Dove in Artemisia.

Does the sponsorship letter have to be hand written?
No.  It can be email, but a hard copy printout must be brought to the
tourney.  A copy of the email can be sent to me, but it doesn't have to be.

What are the double kill rules?
Dead. Is. Dead.  That's why it is called a double *kill*.

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Well, it depends on the woodchuck, the size of the wood, and how many
friends come over to help.  But on average, 4 woodchucks with a chainsaw
and a pickup truck can chuck, split, transport, and stack an average of
5 cords of wood per day, assuming a normal lunch break and plenty of
cold beer.

Connor