[Artemisia] Uprising Gambling House

Bruce Padget bapadget at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 5 15:23:40 CDT 2004

Thursday night at Uprising -- immediately following court -- we'll be trying
something that is relatively new in Artemisia.

It's simple....come to the Meadow Muffin Inn (cleverly disguised as a
gambling house), pay a mere dollar, and receive five beautiful tokens.  The
more dollars, the more tokens.  Such a deal!

But wait, there's more -- our helpful staff will be running a variety of
period games, on which you can wager those tokens.   If the games we're
running aren't to your taste, we'll also have gear and learned instructors
for open gaming.  Fear not, we'll come up with a period way to fleece your
friends that will be to your liking.  (The game, that is -- we cannot
guaranty results to your liking...)

At the end of the evening, their will be a prize auction, and gaming tokens
will be the only currency accepted.  Players may pool their winnings as they
like for the auction.  (But then you'd need another roll of the dice to
decide who actually wins the prize, right? :D)

All monies taken in (all of it -- nothing out for expenses) go to the
Kingdom coffers.

So...bring your cash, your slivers from the True Cross (or whatever else
brings you luck), and come get schooled...er, that is, enjoy an entertaining
educational experience.

Regards,
Niccolo
Abbastanza Buon Non E Abbastanza Buono
bapadget at yahoo.com

P.S.  The games we'll be running will be taught in the gaming classes held
Thursday.  (The class repeats.)  If you can't make it, fear not -- the games
are learnt quickly and (relatively) painlessly.