[Artemisia] WNV solution to kill mosquitos

Brian L. Rygg or Laura E. Barbee-Rygg rygbee at montana.com
Tue Jun 8 19:01:56 CDT 2004

Greetings,

A much better way to control mosquitos is to stop them at the larval stage.
Check for standing water on or around your property and where there is a
pool, pour some cooking oil (not motor) into it.  It doesn't take much oil
and the oil disperses to form a very thin coat on the top of the pool, thus
preventing oxygen from getting through and killing the little buggers before
they turn into the flying pests we all know and hate.

I have found this to be very effective for controlling them and not harmful
to the environment.

Raoghnailt