[Artemisia] WNV solution to kill mosquitos

Willa - Rose yasmeena at juno.com
Tue Jun 8 19:17:07 CDT 2004

I remember that one from the 80's when I lived in Vancouver, WA. Those
officials who spray all the ponds and standing water decided to give the
vegie oil a try and it worked. I'm not sure what they use now. Using
vegie oil definitely is better than using chemicals.
Yasmeena

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 18:01:56 -0600 "Brian L. Rygg or Laura E. Barbee-Rygg"
<rygbee at montana.com> writes:
> Greetings,
>
> A much better way to control mosquitos is to stop them at the larval
> stage.
> Check for standing water on or around your property and where there
> is a
> pool, pour some cooking oil (not motor) into it.  It doesn't take
> much oil
> and the oil disperses to form a very thin coat on the top of the
> pool, thus
> preventing oxygen from getting through and killing the little
> buggers before
> they turn into the flying pests we all know and hate.
>
> I have found this to be very effective for controlling them and not
> harmful
> to the environment.
>
> Raoghnailt

Mu'allemah Yasmeena, OL, OP, Cd'O
"The Equestrian Mistress Yasmeena"
Minister of the Royal Stables of Artemisia
Mounted Companion of the Lance of St. Anne
http://lanceofstanne.homestead.com/yasmeena.html