[Artemisia] BSK Seige Contest Groceries

Chuck Heisler Jr. conradvz at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 9 11:03:29 CDT 2004

Hey,

As good as this sounds, it isn't a siege contest unless you are talking early in the siege.  My 'late in the siege' contest menu would be somewhat more limited.

MEATS:

Fish from the moat
then

Half starved Horse, Dog, Cat and Rat.  Whichever is most easily available.
then

Boot Leather
then

. . . . well, you can guess.

OTHER:

Hopefully clean water, if not, whatever rainwater or stale/green/crawling water is available
Rotting, sprouting, rat nibbled grain from last years harvest
Nettles or whatever other weeds and grasses which can be found
A handful of hoarded beans
A couple of wrinkled dried up old apples from the bottom of the barrel

Spices?

Maybe I have the wrong idea?

Just thinking about sieges.  I do miss the good old days.

Conrad v. Z

caointiarn1 at juno.com wrote:

Hey! This would be my list that I would hope to have -- I used it for my Iron Chef plans, a little whittled down.

Groceries:

MEATS DAIRY PRODUCE
1 whole chicken 1 lb butter garlic bulb
2 lbs beef eggs 2 lemons
qt cream/milk ginger root
new cheese fruit/vegs

STAPLES:
Flours: wheat,rice Vinegars: white wine, balsamic,
Oil: olive, Wines: red, white, blackberry cordial
Sugar, 1 lb Bread crumbs
Whole wheat bread Honey
Currants, raisins, apricots, dates & figs
Almonds, blanched & meal, Pistachios
Rice, Lentils, & Chickpeas (approximately 1 pound each}
Spice Box {bread box size, but can be pared to shoebox}

{muttering about only 3 spices . . . .}
Caointiarn