[Artemisia] Al-Farissa.... wrong title for me

Willa - Rose yasmeena at juno.com
Thu Jun 10 10:02:21 CDT 2004

Greetings All,

I thought I was being original in using my newly found Arabic words and
titling myself *Al-Farissa* to denote an Equestrian Mistress of the
Laurel. My thoughts were to use it in conjunction with the Arabic word
for mistress (Mu'allemah) to denote my double peerage specific to the
equestrian arts. My good friend advised me to check the SCA herald's page
(http://www.sca.org/heraldry/titles.html) regarding SCA titles. I did so
and found that I selected one to be used for female Knights of the
Chivalry. You may have seen it in my signature line.

To all who have been offended by this, I make a public apology. Let it be
known that I have dropped its use and adjusted my signature line in my
emails.

In my research I discovered:
Faris= cavalryman, mounted warrior
Farissa= a feminine version
Frusayeah= mounted tournament of games as knightly exercises such as
training in cavalry teamwork and drill, polo, fencing, sword work in
cutting of solid objects, wrestling, and horse archery.

Always In Service to the Equestrian Dream,

Mu'allemah Yasmeena, OL, OP, Cd'O, etc.
"The Equestrian Mistress"
Minister of the Royal Stables of Artemisia
Mounted Companion of the Lance of St. Anne
http://lanceofstanne.homestead.com/yasmeena.html