[Artemisia] Uprising Gambling House

Bruce Padget bapadget at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 14 11:09:23 CDT 2004

I would like to thank all who attended the Gambling
House Thursday night at Uprising.  Thanks to your
generosity, $144 was raised for the Kingdom.

My thanks to Lord Justin, Lord Griffon, Bijou, Lady
Rhiannon, Ariana, Johanna, Lord Daniel, Lord Vladimir,
Lady Eulasaid, and Master Corwin for helping out,
especially given the trying circumstances of Thursday.
 (If anyone has been forgotten, blame only my addled
brain, and feel free to apply the clue-by-four.)
While calling out a favorite is always a risk, I can't
help but note that the gorgeous Gluckhaus board was
the work (on short notice) of Bijou.  (Except for the
bit of water damage -- blame for that goes to me, and
deities with odd senses of humor.)

I would also like to thank the Abby, for their very
generous donations.  They provided the bulk of the
prizes, including Mistress Maire's 20 yards of silk.
(!!)

I do have a favor to ask.  This was the first time we
attempted the Gambling House, and the first
large-scale try at such a thing in Artemisia.  So
(privately please -- no need to burden this list with
the traffic) -- what worked, what didn't, what
tweaking could have been done to improve enjoyment?
This idea is new enough that there is (almost) no such
thing as an idea that is Right Out.

Regards,
Niccolo
Abbastanza Buon Non E Abbastanza Buono
bapadget at yahoo.com

P.S.  If you would like to deepen an interest in
period gaming, please take a look at the Artemisian
Low Company list,
groups.yahoo.com/group/ArtemisianLowCompany