[Artemisia] Dragon's Tear 20 Ladies Choice Rapier Tourney

Pam Jones sca_redhawk at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 15 14:24:56 CDT 2004

Mogan, thank you for your suggestion on this tourney.  The Event Staff is meeting this week and we will discuss the availibility of time for your idea.  We will also present this to the Rapier Marshall and Heavy Marshall who has tourneys scheduled already.
Redhawk Co-Crat

Morgan Wolf <morganwolf at sofast.net> wrote:
Unto these lists, from
Bonheddr Morgan Blaidd Du,
Protege and Ghillie to
Baron James Ulrich MacKellar and
Baroness Rachel Ashton,

Greetings this fine 2nd day after Uprising XVIII / Mudrising II. Having been Inspired by the Beauty and Grace of the Ladies of our House, and the Might and Chivalry of the Fighters of our House, I have decided to honor them by sponsoring a tournament, to be held Friday, July 16, at Dragon's Tear XX (the oldest continuous summer event in Artemisia).

The rules of the tournament are as follows:
1- All ladies at Dragon's Tear are invited to the gallery to observe.
2- All fighters wishing to take part will present themselves at the field ready to do combat.
3- Each fighter will, in turn, step forward and express to the ladies why he/she is worthy of being chosen as their Champion of the day. The more courtly the expression the better. Scrolls, poems, songs, and tokens of esteem are wholly appropriate.
4- Each lady will, in turn, choose a Champion of the day. Presentation of a token is wholly appropriate, but not necessary. Watching your Champion do combat in your honor is expected.
5- The tournament will be round-robin.
6- The most victorious fighter will be presented a rapier (by the lady he/she championed) as prize.
7- The fighter deemed by most chivalrous by the ladies in attendance will be presented a dagger (by the lady he/she championed) as a prize.
8- All fighters are strongly encouraged, nay expected, to vie for both prizes equally. Ideally both will go to the same fighter, but that is wholly up to the ladies and the fighters themselves.

Please note that this is NOT the "official" rapier tournament for Dragon's Tear, this is a separate tournament organized by me on behalf of those listed below. Should all things go well, there is a high probability of a heavy-armor tournament of this same nature also being held.

THE CREDITS:

This tournament is sponsored not only by me, but by all of the noble lords who stand with me in awe-
Baron Master James Ulrich MacKellar, Honorable Lord Raven MacLeod, Lord Hamish MacKellar, Lord Cormac MacTaran, Milord Chrystall MacKellar, Milord Odolf Liafwin, and Milord Douglas Sutherland (the gentlemen of Barony Ashton).
We sponsor this tournament in honor of, and with undying affection and awe for-
Baroness Mistress Rachel Ashton (SWMBO), Mistress Margaret Mendieth, Honored Lady Sajah al ish Sharazi al Amariyah, Lady Marie Ashton, Lady Saige ferch Laurens, Milady Hildegardiis filia Vulframni, and Milady Margate ferch Llywellyn (the beauteous and gracious ladies of Barony Ashton).

Bonheddr Morgan Blaidd Du,
Protege and Ghillie to
Baron James Ulrich MacKellar and
Baroness Rachel Ashton,