[Artemisia] Archery at Uprising XVIII

Godwin fitzGilbert de Striguil archergodwin at cableone.net
Tue Jun 15 20:21:05 CDT 2004

Good Gentles,

Much fun was had, finally, on Friday and Saturday of Uprising XVIII held
in the heartland of the Glorious Kingdom of Artemisia, this last week.
The archers of our Kingdom finally got to shoot!!
(it rained some Wednesday, and for 16 hours straight on Thurs....soggy)

Friday was held two shoots: a traditional wand, and of course those evil
quintains 8>

There were many entrants in both shoots, and great fun was had by all.
( * archers who are young gentles.)

Friday - Wand Shoot:
Entrants

Gearoid McEgan
Karl Braden von Sobernheim
Sabina von Wolfmeyer
Michael Papadakis*
Jonathan Amadio*
Zachary Amadio*
Logan O' Lorccan*
Bowen Mactasen
Raven Macleod
Steve Floor*
Godwin FitzGilbert de Strigoil

The winner of the wand shoot was Lord Godwin, having been given a good
run for his money by the young archer, Jonathan. Well met Jonathan!
Friday - Quintain Shoot:
Entrants

Karl Braden von Sobernheim
Gearoid McEgan
Saige
Sabina von Wolfmeyer
Godwin FitzGilbert de Strigoil
Jonathan Amadio*

The winner of the quintain shoot was THL Hachmood Braden.
Followed by: Gearoid, Jonathan and Godwin.

Saturday:
The weather was beautiful, and the archers did congregate and mill about
expectantly by the shooting line (read: "Come on, let's shoot already"!!) :)

This shoot was made up of:
1. 150yd Clout shoot: 1 end of 6 for ranging, 1 end of 6 for score
2. 1/4 York: 3 ends of 6 at 100, 2 ends of 6 at 80, and 1 end of 6 at 60
(3 arrows ranging each distance)
3. Wand shoot at 25 yards: 1 end of 3.
4. Quintains at 25 yards: 30s timed round.

Entrants:				Score

HRH Reinmar Wolfmeier			10	(had to leave early)
Owen ap Howell				43
Logan O' Lorccan			0
Jonathan Amadio*			0	(had to leave early)
Sabina von Wolfmeyer			8
Gearoid McEgan				9
Steve Floor*				0
Halbarad of Calenhad			1
Giliana Attewatyr			4
Karl Braden von Sobernheim		41
HE Alric of Ashfield			7	(had to leave early)
Michael Papadakis*			7
Godwin FitzGilbert de Strigoil		39

Yes, THL Owen ap Howell is again our Kingdom Archery Champion!!
Vivat Owen, well met and well shot!

A big HUZZAH to all the archers who came out to shoot!

Lord Godwin FitzGilbert de Strigoil, GHA:CGP
Kingdom Archer General,
Kingdom of Artemisia.