[Artemisia] Kingdom Collegia- Call for Instructors!!

Willa - Rose yasmeena at juno.com
Wed Jun 23 11:21:19 CDT 2004

Good Mistress,
Is there a schedule of events for the day and list of classes available
yet?
Yasmeena

On Mon, 10 May 2004 12:01:16 -0600 "julia.jackman-brink"
<"julia.jackman-brink"@umontana.edu> writes:
> Hello!
>
> The time of the summer months approaches, and thoughts turn to our
> summer events. New this season, Artemisian Kingdom Collegia has
> moved
> out of the cold month of November to the first sunny weekend of
> August.
> A site is being determined and the information will be published as
> soon
> as possible. The date is August 07, 2004.
>
> In the meantime, to hold a Collegia, one needs instructors and
> participants.  In conjunction with the University of Artemisia,
> everyone
> who participates will receive credit in what they take and teach. At
>
> this time over 1000 hours have been logged with the Chancellor and
> that
> kind of enthusiasm is sure to make this a most memorable event.
>
> The site will determine some aspects and the length of the event,
> but at
> this time all types of courses are welcome! We'll adjust as we need
> to.
> To help out our teachers, some of the courses that have been asked
> for
> are: Beginning Sewing and/or Basic Costuming Courses (men & women
> and
> children!); Scribal Arts, Cooking, SCA 202- "or more information for
> the
> not-so new player" ie: History of Artemisia, survey of the Past
> Crowns,
> etc.; Classes on Viking Age topics (you name it I've been asked),
> Hints
> for encampments (covers, period containers, etc.), Classes for young
>
> adults and younger...you get the idea. :)
>
> If you or someone you know would like to teach a course, please have
>
> them send the following information to me, the Kingdom Minister
> (Baroness Juliana) at my address in the Sage Advice or on the
> Kingdom
> Website. In the footsteps of some of my cousins, I would like to
> issue a
> personal challenge to my fellow peers: "Teach one class in the
> favorite
> subject of your choice at Kingdom Collegia.  If one cannot attend
> Kingdom Collegia then at one of the other arts events on the
> upcoming
> calendar."
>
> That said: If you are interested in teaching at Kingdom Collegia
> please
> include the following information:
>
> SCA Name:
> Mundane Name:
> Home Group:
> Title of Course:
> Description of Course:
> Length of Course:
> Cost for Class:
> Maximum # of Participants:
> (If class is less that 5 people would you teach it twice? Y or N.)
> Special Needs: (electricity, outdoor venue, whiteboard, do
> participants
> [...]

Mu'allemah Yasmeena, OL, OP, Cd'O, etc.
"The Equestrian Mistress"
Minister of the Royal Stables of Artemisia
Mounted Companion of the Lance of St. Anne
http://lanceofstanne.homestead.com/yasmeena.html