[Artemisia] Important news flash: Fw: [SCA Equestrian] Re: [Trimaris_Costumers] Theft of Jousting gear in Vermont

Willa - Rose yasmeena at juno.com
Wed Jun 30 11:17:31 CDT 2004

This coming across one of my equestrian newsgroups.
Yasmeena

Mu'allemah Yasmeena, OL, OP, Cd'O, etc.
"The Equestrian Mistress"
Minister of the Royal Stables of Artemisia
Mounted Companion of the Lance of St. Anne
http://lanceofstanne.homestead.com/yasmeena.html

Subject: FWD: OT- ATACC- Theft in Vermont
http://www.ataccjoust.com/stolen.html

Between Saturday, June 26, 2004, 7PM EDT and Sunday, June 27, 2004,
8AM EDT, members of Autumn Tree Productions, which includes ATACC,
ATJ and GBU, were the victims of theft. In the darkness of night,
someone went into the joust camp and staging area of the Vermont
Renaissance Faire and stole approximate $4000 worth of armored and
stage combat weapons, garb, armor and tools. When possible, we will
try to add pictures of the stolen items. We're searching archive
photos and video for images we can use here. Please keep checking
back for updates. Most of these items are irreplaceable, being custom
made for their owners, sometimes by their owners. Please keep on the
lookout and send any information you may have to stolen at gbuonline.com
or stolen at autumntreeproductions.com. The items stolen primarily
belonged to Scott Rodlin, Stephen Pasker and Henry Arrendando.

Scott Rodlin:
Long sword, double ring guard
Long sword, cross guard
Hand-and-a-half sword
Rondell Dagger (Thumbtack of doom)
Sword breaker (War comb)
Starfire(tm) Dagger, small, blue wrapped handle
Arming sword - blue leather handle
Arming sword - green leather handle
One handed battle axe (often referred to as "multi tool")
Flail
Horseman's Backs word
Horseman's sword (cross guard, purple handle, crosses in guard)
Starfire(tm) Light sword, 1" width, 30" Length
Ryobi Cordless Drill
"Knight Gear(tm)" duffel bag

Stephen Pasker:
Long sword, cross guard
Starfire(tm) dagger, long, rope wrapped
Bosch cordless tool combo kit (drill, circular saw, reciprocating
saw)

Henry Arredondo:
Long sword, cross guard
Arming sword, tan handle, scroll guard, sheath
Chainmail half shirt
Black knee high boots with spurs
Maroon Renaissance Shirt
Pewter Mug
Booda (water skin)
Leather Pouch
3 black gym bags

Autumn Tree Joust:
Two Spears

This is not a joke, this is not a prank, this is theft. When we find
the thief, they will be prosecuted. The faire community it small and
these weapons are easy to spot. We have lots of eyes helping us.
Please help spread the word among re-enactment groups, LARPs, the SCA
and whereever you think is appropriate. But more than anything else,
we'd like to thank everyone at the Vermont Renaissance Festival who
have helped us in our time of need and given us support. In
particular, we'd like to thank the following:
-Mattew Parkinson of MP Metalworks who fashioned a spear head in less
than an hour
-Carl Von Sussen of Von Sussen Enterprises who donated a dagger to
GBU
-Jim Brule of The Vermont Renaissance Faire cast (who loaned us
several of his personal weapons)
Thank you, you will not be forgotten.

ATACC Joust Camp '04 - http://joustinghorses.homestead.com/