[Artemisia] Spring Fest in Twae Linnes

Rick Olson olsons5 at sunvalley.net
Mon Mar 1 11:32:06 CST 2004

second try,

Spring Fest

April 3 Twae Linnes     Twin Falls Idaho

Good nobles of Artemisia, spring is here and the Shire is ready to celebrate! Come and join us for what we hope will be a beautiful day. We will have our annual Shire defender tournament. There will be a rapier and chess tournament as well.

There will be several classes. Anyone wishing to display his or her Arts and Science projects will have an area to do so. Everyone that has a display will receive a prize. Notebooks provided for those who are interested in comments on their work.

Classes: Fabric 101- A primer on period fabric choices - HL Isabeau de Sevingy

Forbidden dances- Mistress Tanglewyst

Psanky aka Ukrainian egg dying- HE Albreda Wolfkeeper fee $4.00

Trompe l' Oiel- HE Armand de Mortes

Voice Heraldry- THL Ulric de Daylel

War tactics- HE Reinmar Wolfmeier

A feast with a German flavor will begin promptly at 7:00 in the evening, with fifty seats available. Pre-registration is recommended. The evening's entertainment will include dancing and an auction.

Menu: Leek and turnip Soup, Roast beef ,String beans Polish style,Carrots Mazur style, Cherries in Phyllo with whipped cream

Merchants are welcome. There is no fee (donations accepted). Please call the event steward so a place can be provided.

Site: American Legion hall, 447 Seastrom, Twin Falls Idaho. The site will open at 10:00 a.m. and closes at 10:00 p.m. No pets.

Site fee: $5.00 for members, $8.00 for nonmembers. Please make checks payable to Twae Linnes SCA, Inc.

Feast fee: $7.00 per person

Directions: Take your best route to Twin Falls and Blue Lakes Blvd. Follow Blue Lakes south to Kimberly Rd. turn left on Kimberly Rd. turn right on Eastland. Left on Wright Ave. Then Right onto Seastrom. Look for signs.

Event Steward: Grafina Albreda Wolfkeeper, Tina Olson

(208-788-7919 olsons5 at sunvalley.net )

Co-steward: Yesui, Jesse Boyer (jboyer at cableone.net)

Feast Steward: Lady Sheeleagh MacCathaill, Jeanne Warr

(208-734-7592 jlwarr at pmt.org )

Principal Cook: Lady Sunniva,