[Artemisia] Arts and Sciences News!!!!

julia.jackman-brink "julia.jackman-brink" at umontana.edu
Tue Mar 2 13:39:42 CST 2004

Unto the populace of Artemisia greetings!

At the request of TRH Konrad and Kortland, I have been given the
priviledge of announcing that the Kingdom Arts Calendar will stay as it
has been set for this year. We plan on revisiting this issue at Kingdom
Convocation as the populace of Artemisia is split in their opinion
regarding this issue.

We will launch the 2004 Arts season with the 1st Annual Gryphon's Prize
Regional Competition on May 01,2004. This is a new interim-level that
was developed to give artisans another forum to show their work and
recieve feedback which they can use and adapt for the Kingdom
Competition. This year there will only be ONE venue for the competition
but in 2005 there will be two on that date allowing the populace to
choose their own venue. The location for this year will be announced and
in the Sage Advice as soon as it becomes available.

Details on the Gryphon's Prize and all of the Competitions in Artemisia
are in the new Arts and Sciences Handbook. The Handbook will soon be
available from the Kingdom Arts Pages, your local Arts Ministers, and
the Kindom Arts Office. It is our hope that that information will be out
this weekend but please be patient if it is not.

Artisans and Officers should take note that in addition to a new
officers' manual, the Competition Criteria has been updated and new
forms have been developed. The May Gryphon's Prize and all subsiquent
compeitions will be run using the new guidelines.

We are actively seeking Bids for Kingdom Collegia (August 07) and
Kingdom Competition (November 06). If your group is interested in
hosting an Arts event please send in a bid. Questions regarding
specific event needs can be sent to this office.

Thank you all for your time and attention! You are welcome to forward
this information to other lists and people who may need this information.

Yours in Service;

Baroness Juliana nic Lachlainn, OL, OP.
Kingdom Minister for the Arts & Sciences