[Artemisia] Event Announcement!!!

Kay Moore arrowyn at msn.com
Wed Mar 3 09:38:47 CST 2004

                                                         BARBARIAN BASH IX

                                       SHIRE OF CRYSTAL CRAGS
                                                            April 23, 24, 25

CALLING ALL BARBARIANS!!  (and any camp followers!)

Once again, on April 23, 24, and 25th, the Shire of Crystal Crags is hosting
Barbarian Bash!  The theme this year is The Celts Invade Rome, and people
will be coming from near and far to do so!!  Folks from the East Kingdom are
coming in for this one, the Royalty from Avacal is definitely coming - His
Royal Highness extends a friendly challenge to all who would wish to cross
swords with him!)  and hopefully the Baron and Baroness of Wealdsmere will
be able to join us (we are keeping our fingers crossed on that one!)   Many
of our friends from Silverhart, Wealdsmere and Pendale plan to attend as
well; and rumor has it that our own good King John may be here.  Our many
friends of the Mongol Horde have been traveling lo these many months to
arrive here in time, and it takes many Mongols to pransport their enormous
encampment!   Come renew old friendships, and make new ones!

We will be having our annual Champion of Heavy Weapons of Crystal Crags -
ANYONE may claim the Title to be our Defender for the next year!   Rapier
scenarios, Best Barbarian Persona competition, a boffer Tournament for the
younger Barbarians (15 and under), as well as axe-throwing, knife-throwing,
spear-chucking and archery, a scavenger hunt for the Youth, as well as
dancing and drumming til the wee hours, Bardic, Middle Eastern Hafla,
prizes, our famous Live Auction - and lots more!!   The Shire has been
assisting the lord of the manor (and autocrat) in making special and
permanent building additions to the site for this event!

Also, our most honored friends and comrades of the Mongol Horde of An Tir,
and their Chon Baatar Khaan will be offering 2 classes focusing on all
things Mongol, and Jebe from An Tir will also be drawing from his own vast
knowledge;   there will be a marvelous Mongolian 'buffet' in the enormous
Mongol Encampment just following those classes - a smaller version was
hosted by the Horde at Border Raid - trust us, it wasn't 'small', and you
WON'T want to miss this!!   Period Mongol dishes will be featured - the lamb
is hand-raised, and ALL are welcomed to attend this mixer.  Our fine friend
Og the Red, from the East, will also be traveling here, providing us with
some of his fine tales and who knows what else!  There will also be at least
1 complimentary keg of fine ale, offered by the Mongol Horde for the
edification and enjoyment of all!

ALL Merchants are heartily invited - no actual fee as usual, but the Shire
would ask a donation of an item for our Auction.  If possible, please
contact Duchess Arrowyn regarding merchant space.

There will be food and drink with an Italian flair, a welcoming soup kitchen
on Friday, breakfast, lunch and an excellent feast on Saturday, as well as a
breakfast on Sunday.   Cost is $15 for food for all weekend, or $5 per meal.
  This is a WET site, but all period containers please.  Pets are welcome
BUT YOU MUST PICK UP AFTER THEM!!!  No exceptions.

FEES:  Site fee for the entire weekend is $10, $20 for RVs and campers
(limited space so call early to reserve!).  FOOD for the ENTIRE weekend is a
paltry $15 OR $5/day , or you are most welcomed to bring your own fare.
Checks should be made out to Shire of Crystal Crags, SCA Inc.   Pre-register
(especially for RVs and campers) at address below.

SITE:   The same site as the unofficial Pirate Party - just outside Columbia
Falls!  Opens noon FRIDAY (Thursday by special permission - please contact
HL Willum by phone or Duchess Arrowyn by email or phone) and closes Sunday
at 5:00pm.   FREE ENTRY for the furthest traveler!!    And this being
Montana, plan for any eventuality weather-wise!!

DIRECTIONS:  From the South:  Take your best route to Kalispell.  At the
main intersection of Hwy 93 and Hwy 2 - there are highway signs for Eureka
and Whitefish - you'll turn EAST.   (you'll pass WalMart, Super1, Perkins,
and go straight thru that intersection).  Continue going EAST to the
intersection of Hwy 35 and Hwy 206.   (There is a C-Store on 1 corner and
golf restaurant on the other corner)  Go LEFT (north) on that road (206) and
go approx 7 miles to TRAP Rd.  Turn WEST on Trap Rd, go about 1 mi. and look
for the sign.

AUTOCRAT:  Lord Ely O'lestlobain (John Lawler) of Castle Silver Oak
                  280 Trap Rd.  Columbia Falls, MT   406/892-3710
Co-autocrat:  M'lord Remus Rahl   406/212-1399

Feast Steward:  M'lady Dairiene O'lestlobain (Dana Lawler)    406/250-4830
                       M'lady Mary the Mother ("Mom" Lawler)
406/892-3710

Other information and lodgings:  HL Willum - 406/892-1971, Duchess Arrowyn
arrowyn at msn.com or 406/387-5150.