[Artemisia] Stefan's files for March

caointiarn caointiarn1 at juno.com
Fri Mar 5 06:40:37 CST 2004

> Here is a copy of the this month's Florilegium article detailing what  is
new in the Florilegium this month.

> I know that some of you had difficulty accessing the Florilegium a week
ago. This was a problem with the server computer the Florilegium site  was
residing on. The server has now had a lot of software upgrades and
 it has been moved. Currently I am having some trouble with the FTP site  I
use to upload the new files to the site. Hopefully this will be fixed  in
the next few days. If you find that a file you want is not there,  please
feel free to contact me by email and I will gladly send you out  a copy by
email. Please specify if you want the text, HTML or RTF
 ------------
> A Blending of the Past and Present
>
> Over the past fourteen years in an ongoing effort, I have been  collecting
bits of useful information from various newsgroups, mail  lists and articles
submitted to me by their authors. In order to make  this information
available to others, I have placed this information in  a series of files I
call Stefan's Florilegium.

> The Florilegium is on the web at: http://www.florilegium.org
>
> I am always interested in new articles. If you have written an article
that would be of interest to others in the SCA, please send it to me  for
possible inclusion in the Florilegium. Contact me for more details.

> I am also interested in volunteers who might be interested in helping  me
maintain the Florilegium. Everything from collecting materials,  editing and
web work is needed. Again, please contact me for more  details.

> I will be at the upcoming Gulf Wars event in Meridies this month. If
anyone would like to discuss the Florilegium or anything else, please  feel
free to drop by my barony’s encampment (Barony of Bryn Gwlad,  Ansteorra)
and ask for me.

>       THLord Stefan li Rous   Ansteorra    stefan at florilegium.org
>
> Here are the new files for this month:
> Under CULTURES:
>     Saxon-England-lnks   Links to info on Saxon England by   Dame Aoife
Finn of Ynos Mon.
> Under FOOD-FRUITS:
>     presrvd-lemons-msg   Dried, pickled and salted preserved lemons.

> Under FOOD-MANUSCRIPTS:
>     Romanian-ckbk-art    "A Translation of a 17th Century Romanian
Cookbook" by Lord Petru cel paros Voda.

> Under FOOD-MEATS:
>     pig-heads-msg        Cooking, displaying or otherwise working with pig
’s heads. Real and artificial.

> Under RELIGION:
>     The-Crusades-lnks    Web links to info on the Crusades  by Dame Aoife
Finn of Ynos Mon.
> Under SCRIBAL ARTS:
>     woodcuts-lnks        A set of web links to information on period
woodcuts  by Dame Aoife Finn of Ynos Mon.