[Artemisia] Kingdom Traditions (Long)

julia.jackman-brink "julia.jackman-brink" at umontana.edu
Mon Mar 8 10:27:18 CST 2004

Osondrea wrote:

> Jehane,
>        I think I would have to agree with much of what you say. In regards
> to big prizes, I don't mind them being in court, but for a bunch of little
> ones that few people even know or want to see, it's so very tedious on those
> long court occasions.          Mistress Osondrea

Howdy!

I'm going way back here...how many people remember "Presentation/Info
Courts"?  When we were still part of Atenveldt I remember several
instances where the Crown opened a "mini-court" so that announcements or
personal presentations could be made.

I like the giving of gifts in non-court settings.  Mostly because one
can't generally hear what the giver is saying, you rarely get to see
what was given and it is usually intended for a specific person.  That
time could be used in a manner more benefitting the populace who is
patiently waiting for court business.

Incidentally, Presentation Courts usually took place at the end of a
hall, during feast, or a regular break in activities. It was really
effective and kept all the 'business items' together and kept court for
the pomp and circumstance. It also gave people the option to listen to
the business or go about their way.

Just some pennies,
Juliana