[Artemisia] Kingdom Traditions (Long)

Sondra Gibson sgibson at edulog.com
Mon Mar 8 12:30:30 CST 2004

Greetings!

My 2c on presentations:  I think we've been doing pretty well the past few
years, as far as not taking court time for gift presentations.  Leaving
gifts on the thrones, with tags so the recipient knows who it's from has
worked well.   About the only time I can see doing presentations in court is
when a set of Royals steps up or down.  At other times, *if* the item to be
presented is something that the giver has put great effort into making, then
I can see it being done in court.  Otherwise, it can be done at some other
time. (like at feast perhaps)

As far as awards from various competitions at court - that depends on the
competition, and the event.  At such things as Arts and Science competitions
- yes - the awards *need* to be done in court.  That is the artisans time to
shine.  They need to be publicly recognized just as much as the winners of
tournaments do.

At other events, if the competition is a major part of the event, than
recognition should be given to those who won.  If there were a lot of
relatively minor competitions, perhaps awards could be given elsewhere, and
the winners announced in court.  That would be much quicker than having
everyone come forward.

Gefjon