[Artemisia] Kingdom Traditions (Long)

LadyPDC at aol.com LadyPDC at aol.com
Mon Mar 8 15:46:55 CST 2004

In a message dated 3/8/2004 12:35:46 PM Mountain Standard Time,
sgibson at edulog.com writes:
If there were a lot of
relatively minor competitions, perhaps awards could be given elsewhere, and
the winners announced in court.  That would be much quicker than having
everyone come forward.
I have seen presentations in other kingdoms and in other organizations where
all who participated were called forward at the same time so they could be
seen and publicly thanked for participating.  Then the announcement is made that
a complete list of winners is either available directly following court or
will be printed in an upcoming newsletter.  This allows the participants to be
seen and publicly thanked for their activity without taking up too much time in
court.

I have seen too much attention being paid to winning and not enough to the
act of participating.  Without participants you can have no winners.  In fact,
without participants all you have is a name of an inactive organization.

But taking the time to thank all participants as a group need not take the
inordinate amount of time that calling each up individually has done in the
past, nor does it give the impression of favoritism that has colored some peoples
impression of some courts.

Of course, since I have been unable to participate in the recent past and
have chosen not to participate in the near future, my opinion is probably not
worth the 2 pence and five minutes it took to write this missive.

Lady Constance de la Rose