[Artemisia] Kingdom Traditions (Long)

Mary Hodges hodgemary at onewest.net
Mon Mar 8 18:54:24 CST 2004

Sondra Gibson wrote:
(snip Jehane quote again)

> Of *course* I have heard people go on about something *much* longer than
> necessary or than what the audience wanted to hear.  Sometimes that isn't
> something that the Crowns can easily anticipate in advance.  Perhaps the
> answer to that might be for whoever is setting up the court to be *very*
> specific about the time allotted to each person.  (something along the lines
> of:  You may say a few words about your contest, but the Crown will be
> DISPLEASED if you take more than X min, because we have a great deal to
> cover this evening.)

If you moved the prize giving to the contest venues, and had the overall
  or grandprizes given at the presentation court you would avoid the
problem.

> (snippage)
>

>>Prizes for contests at large outdoor events is what I want to
>>discuss.
>>Awards are in a different category.
>

> Ok, sorry.  In an earlier post someone had mentioned shortening Peerage
> ceremonies.  Must have been someone else.  My mistake.

(snip further Jehane quote)

> Hum - thinking about large outdoor events, as you have said, and not indoor
> ones with feasts - it might work if it was done directly after the full
> court.  (close court, give people who were not interested in staying a
> chance to leave gracefully, and then start the Presentation Ct)   The only
> problem I'm thinking of is the time crunch thing.  Where and when to put in
> yet another item, in the tightly packed schedule of those types of events,
> and still allow those sitting court time to eat, sleep, and enjoy some
> activities of their choosing.

Please, not *after* court.  No one will stay.  I was thinking of, say
right before dinner, for no more than an hour.

> And to some degree it sounds as though we just have different opinions about
> the subject - which is perfectly ok!  ;-)

Agreed

> Gefjon
> (who is sitting in an 84 deg. building and having a very hard time
> concentrating on work today!)

Best regards,
Jehane de Saint Michael