Sumptuary laws and customs was [Artemisia] Kingdom Traditions

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Mon Mar 8 20:16:46 CST 2004

They actually *are* on the kingdom website, just a bit hidden on the
"end" of the kingdom law.
> http://www.artemisia.sca.org/law.htm
As far as the cloaks go, as long as I can recall, anyone with an AoA can
display their arms on their cloaks.  Territorial royalty of 'most any
stripe can wear cloaks or mantles with the arms of their office or
group.  Royal peers display their arms with the appropriate
augmentation.  Plain peers are a bit odd (well, we all knew that anyway,
didn't we? <g>) In addition to displaying our arms, we get to trim the
cloak or mantle with a 2" border of cloth or fur in a color appropriate
to the order (i.e, Chiv has white, Pels have gold, and Laurels have
greeen, although the thought of green fur always made me shudder,
personally ;o)
Capelets of white fur or ermine are restricted to kings & queens, crown
prince and princesses, royal peers, and baronage (doesn't say court or
territorial, so I assume both).  Number of "rows" of ermine depends on
the rank.
--mst. maire

<snipped>