[Artemisia] SCA Court - Content vs Length

Dame Rachel (Thaya Shaeffer) damethaya at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 10 09:14:07 CST 2004

Greetings Cousins,
Just to be clear here, I personally never said anything myself about Courts being too long.  I DO think that it would be MUCH better to hold them in a more period style, with more then just simply talking going on and all spectators facing forward in row as in a mundane auditorium as watchers.

I am all for roving Courts, Sitting in State, mixing stuff in to Court, and/or "Public Audiences" where more then just sitting and watching goes on (dancing, presentations, proclomations, awards, more awards, another dance, another award,etc.).  However, I agree that the length of court should not be an issue no one is fbeing orced to stay.  If it were an "event" with more then just sitting and watching, more would attend IMHO.
Shalom,
Dame Rachel

SCA:  Dame Rachel Ravenlock, OP
Legal: Mrs. Thaya G. Shaeffer
Kingdom of Artemisia, Barony of Arn Hold
(208) 322-3444 before 9:00pm MST please!
“I know that God only gives me as much as I can handle,
I simply never knew He thought so highly of my abilities.”
- Mother Theresa