[Artemisia] SCA Court is NOT period (medium)

John Johnson yourguess03 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 10 15:04:01 CST 2004

> Personally, I would far rather see a number of those sorts of informal awarding "courts"
> than to ever again sit through a 6 hour court comprised of 30+ AOA awards follow by
> steadily higher awardings. To me, such a court actually detracts from the higher (even
> peerage) awards that we should be celebrating. (not to mention all of the sore
> backsides people end up complaining about afterwards)

If we had principalities and more baronies it would be very nice to see the lessor awards handed out in lower courts.  I could be wrong but I think there are a couple of kingdoms that permit princes to award an AoA without permission of the crown.

With the requirements for recieving peerages being more difficult for different disciplines than others, I ENJOY seeing individuals being awarded with lesser honors.  If all things were equal you could cut down length of court by moving lesser awards to lesser courts.  I don't see that happening anytime soon so my preference would be to endure a longer court.

Michael