[Artemisia] Respect and Court - Longish

John Johnson yourguess03 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 15 15:25:53 CST 2004

> If we limit ourselves to only those things that are
> popular, then there is also less chance for the other
> arts and activities to be known to everyone.

Think you are misuderstanding just a little bit here.  People want to prevent court from being dull, not limit the traditions that are transpiring.  You want people paying attention during court rather than missing something important or rendering something unimportant because you have already put everybody to sleep.

One tradition that go on for a little too long are the giving of gifts.  The Crown recieving or giving a few gifts during a court is OK but when spending considerable time on something that should be done in a more private setting.

Another thing that I would like to see changed is limiting the number of awards given during a single court.  I'm not against awards but I have been to court where dozens of awards have been handed out and the significance of the award becomes lost and somewhat meaningless.  Might as well give awards in batches and it's for that reason why I suggest we do lesser awards in more regional courts.  I would rather be able to remember after court who all got awards and be able to congratulate them rather than miss half the names because court ran too long.

Michael

Do you Yahoo!?